Welcome to our hostel.
We are located on the North end of the Cabot Trail, in Cape North, in a beautifully renovated 100 year old church, we are literally as close to heaven as you could ever imagine, with the majesty of the Highlands national park right on our back door step, minutes from the beaches and trails.
Your hosts for your stay are Bricin,Patricia,Billie ,Cassius, and yum,yum our white deaf cat who will keep your lap warm for hours.
What you can expect
- Shared kitchen
- 5 x bathrooms (Shared)
- Loft area bunks,shared area (4 x bunks, 2 x single beds plus storage)
- Each bunk comes with private reading lamp
- 1 x family (Private with lock) room sleeps 4 (1 x Double bed,1 x bunk)
- Lower Dorm area 11 x bunks
- Pre-made beds with fresh linens
- Crib available upon request
- Non smoking environment
- Laundry available
- Free parking
- **New** Outdoor cooking station on the deck (see photo below)
- Herb and veggie garden
- Enjoy weekly Ceilidhs (Kay Lees)
- Restaurant,gas station and grocery store, just a few steps away
- Fire pit
- Jam Room
- Horseshoe pit (Regulation 40')
- Large deck
- Colourful hammocks in the back woods.
- Cook a feast in the kitchen or BBQ on the deck
- Internet desk
- Board games
- Toddler/Kids play area
- Free Fibre optics WiFi 150mbps download - 150mbps upload
- Full cell coverage
- Charging areas for cell phones
- Most bunks have own USB charging sockets
- Air conditioning
- Bed linen supplied
- hairdryer supplied
- Towels supplied
- Luggage storage
Here’s what Shashwat wrote
Highlands Hostels was one of the best hostels I've ever been to! The place was very homey, clean and enjoyable. Felt very safe being here despite COVID times cause of safe measures considered by the hosts. Bricin, Patricia and the kids were very warm and welcoming. Bricin provided some great suggestions to explore the Cabot Trail during the day and jammed some great music at the night time! Came here in a group of 5 friends, everyone loved the place, ended up staying couple extra days and will surely come back again!
Family Room sleeps 4 $150/Night
One of two Bunk Lofts $50/Night
Lower dorm sleeps 11
Dorm area sleeps 11
One of 2 bathrooms
Want to cook "Al Fresco", we have that covered, with our outdoor cooking station.
How to get to us
If driving from Halifax it will take 5 hours
If driving from Sydney it will take 2.5 hours