Welcome to our hostel.
We are located on the North end of the Cabot Trail, in Cape North, in a beautifully renovated 100 year old church, we are literally as close to heaven as you could ever imagine, with the majesty of the Highlands national park right on our back door step, minutes from the beaches and trails.
Your hosts for your stay are Bricin,Patricia,Billie & Cassius.
What you can expect
- Shared kitchen
- 5 x bathrooms (Total) (4 x Shared)
- Loft area bunks,shared area (4 x bunks, 2 x single beds plus storage) with assigned full bathroom
- Each bunk comes with private reading lamp
- 1 x family (Private with lock) room sleeps 4 (1 x Double bed,1 x bunk)
- Family/Private room with own full bathroom across hallway
- Lower Dorm area 11 x bunks 2 x shared bathrooms
- Pre-made beds with fresh linens
- Non smoking environment
- Laundry available
- Free parking
- **New** Outdoor cooking station on the deck (see photo below)
- Herb and veggie garden
- Enjoy music by local fiddlers who drop in periodically.
- Restaurant,gas station and grocery store, just a few steps away
For Your safety
Each room or area has the following.
- Smoke detector.
- Heat detector.
- Carbon monoxide detector.
- Fire Extinguisher.
- Pull Fire alarm.
- At each station is an escape map.
- The large dorm has 2 egress windows.
- The small dorm has two egress skylights.
- The private room has an egress skylight.
- We also have an AED defibrillator.
- All the above in compliance with the Nova. Scotia fixed roof and building specifications. The alarm system is tested and certified annually.
- AED Defibrillator
- Fire pit
- Outdoor Shower
- Jam Room
- Horseshoe pit (Regulation 40')
- Large deck
- Colourful hammocks in the back woods.
- Cook a feast in the kitchen or BBQ on the deck
- Internet desk
- Board games
- Toddler/Kids play area
- Art table
- Free Fibre optics WiFi 150mbps download - 150mbps upload
- Full cell coverage
- Charging areas for cell phones
- All bunks have own USB charging sockets
- Air conditioning
- Bed linen supplied
- hairdryer supplied
- Shoe/Boot dryer
- Towels supplied
- Shower soap & hair shampoo supplied.
- Luggage storage
- Secure bike storage.
- No Smoking allowed
- No pets allowed
Check out our brand new paved parking lot and drivesway
Keeping you and our community safer
We are now an AED compliant installation, Victoria County have supplied us with an AED, so we can now keep our guests and community safer and also when locals phone 911 for any heart issue they will be given our address and they can knock on our door anytime of the day/night and request the use of the AED, it;s hanging just inside the door behind the screen door
Here’s what Shashwat wrote
Highlands Hostels was one of the best hostels I've ever been to! The place was very homey, clean and enjoyable. Felt very safe being here despite COVID times cause of safe measures considered by the hosts. Bricin, Patricia and the kids were very warm and welcoming. Bricin provided some great suggestions to explore the Cabot Trail during the day and jammed some great music at the night time! Came here in a group of 5 friends, everyone loved the place, ended up staying couple extra days and will surely come back again!
Family Room sleeps 4 $159.64/Night
One of two Bunk Lofts $54.07/Night
Lower dorm sleeps 11
Dorm area sleeps 11
One of 2 bathrooms
Want to cook "Al Fresco", we have that covered, with our outdoor cooking station.
After a hard days hiking or cycle ride over the mountains, we now have an outdoors shower for you to cool off in, be one with nature
Nightly fire pit
How to get to us
If driving from Halifax it will take 5 hours.
If driving from Sydney it will take 2.5 hours