Our Backyard - Your 4 season playground to enjoy
Spring in Cape Breton
Summer vacation Fun
Autumn and the Celtic Colours
Cape Breton - Cabot Trail - Hostel Vacations
Now you have no excuse not to visit Highlands national park. Highlands Hostel is open 12 months of the year, so Spring Break, summer and don't forget Autumn with the fantastic Celtic colours or Christmas come enjoy the season with us. Hiking in the summer, cross country skiing and snowshoeing in the winter or just a vacation .
Cape Breton Highlands National Park's hiking trails range from easy strolls to challenging climbs with panoramic views of canyons, highlands and seacoasts. The trails provide a chance to intimately explore the complex habitat of northern Cape Breton Island. Nature doesn't end at the park's boundaries. Many surrounding areas boast equally breathtaking trails.
All these trails are right on our hostels back and front door step.
The following is a list of Cape Breton Highlands National Park's hiking trails. Distances are round-trip with average walking times. Click on the trail name for more detailed information.
The trails have been rated for difficulty with the internationally recognized symbols:
Remember that you are hiking in a protected wilderness environment.
- Do not approach, disturb or feed wild animals.
- Hike with friends and a solid walking stick.
- If you choose to walk alone, tell somebody where you are going.
- Pack in, pack out. Littering attracts wildlife and puts you and the animals at risk.
- Stay on boardwalks to protect fragile vegetation.
- Mountain bikes are permitted only where indicated, for public safety and protection of the environment.
- Dress appropriately. Weather may change rapidly on the plateau and along the coast.
- Bring water, especially for longer trails, climbs and open barrens.
- Bring insect repellant. Black flies and mosquitoes are common all summer.